Cost of Assisted Living
We aim to be your complete guide to the truth behind assisted living, detailing some of the general cost, community information, senior care education and more.
Features Affecting Cost of Base Rent
- Facilities onsite amenities
- Room type - Prices will vary depending if the rooms are private, semi-private, suites with a shared bathroom, studios, number of rooms in the apartment
- Size - The size of the room will have a huge impact on the cost
- Location - The location of the community, whether or not it's in a more desirable location
- Room Location - The actual room location also will have variable pricing. Rooms closer to the main dining hall will likely be a bit more expensive.
- Room Views - The rooms with the more attractive views, especially of any attractive landscape will have a slightly higher cost
Additional Fees on Top of Base Rent
Once the base monthly fee has been agreed upon with an agreed upon amount of service, there are also additional cost to consider that add to your monthly expense.
- Amount of Care Time - Most assisted living facilities will have a max limit of actual care time for each resident. The max will depend on the community but one can expect about 30 minutes a day of total actual care for a person with only minimal needs. Communities have higher level of care time packages that may include help with bathing, grooming, medication monitoring and dressing.
- Supplies - Besides basic supplies, communities will charge for medications and medical supplies that may be needed.
- Phone/TV - Although rent will include utilities, it typically does not include phone service and cable TV.